Saturday, December 18, 2010

Serene Snowflake

Hello friends, are you still shopping? I love Christmas. It's Jesus birthday. We are having a birthday cake again this year and will be singing Happy birthday to Jesus. Do you have Christmas traditions? This is the week we all go out to see the lights. If it isn't too cold, we park the SUV and stroll the neighborhood. I hope we go tonight. Oh you want to know about the cards. Well, the one on the left was my first try. I wanted to use two different colored ribbons but was not happy with the end result.
So the middle card is try #2. I added the focus snowflake and layered it on Bashful Blue and Perfect Plum card stock. I felt it still needed something.
"Oh a border punch!" I exclaimed. I used the Scallop Border punch. "Bling!" I exclaimed again. So I added rhinestones to some of the background snowflakes and the focus snowflake. That is a quick overview of how some of my creations come about. I used The Serene Snowflake stamp set and the final card is made on Bashful Blue card stock with layers of Perfect Plum and Confetti White. For a vintage look I smudged the card with Perfect Plum ink. Do your cards evolve or is your first card the final card. Just asking. I really do appreciate comments, so don't be shy. Have a blessed day. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Gloria,

    All three cards are just beautiful! I like how you added the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete