Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elements of Style

Elements of Style is a stamp set that can very easily become my favorite. It is vintage and it is a versatile stamp set. Each stamp by itself can be incorporated with almost any other stamp set and could be considered to belong with the other set. I hope you can visualize the 'for you' with any occasions card. The bird could be used with the Always stamp set on page 69. The swirl would be great for a background. My kind of stamp set! Elements of Style can be found on page 133 of the current catalog. The wood mount set (118611) is $27.95. The clear mount set (120045) is $19.95 If you would like this set for yourself, click on my online store to place your order. The recipe is as follows:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, watercolor paper
ink: Black Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Extras: Oval punch, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Aqua painter


I love floral stamp sets. This set can be found on page 122 And is known as Fifth Avenue Floral. I really enjoy using this set as it reminds me of the gorgeous rose gardens in my neighborhood including my own front yard. I will try to post the roses in my garden. The rose you see is actually a rose positioned on top of another. I stamped the rose once on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and again on the Top Note. I applied the color to the scrap image. I let it dry for about a minute and then cut it out with my awesome paper snips. Next, I adhered that rose with dimensionals to the card. The Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set is only wood mount (113734) and can be yours for $17.95


Yes, I know. Not a floral. Imagine this.... the scallops....could they pass as floral? Not, huh? Actually I did not intend to post these cards yet but because I am new to blogging I couldn't
figure out how not to post them. Any helpers out there? To make these cards, I used the Circle Circus stamp set. This fun set can be found on page 136 of the current catalog. I can see this stamp set being used for almost any occasion and for any age group. I made about six of these cards. I had lots of fun making them in different colors of card stock and inks. The card on the left has these ingredients:
Paper: Whisper White, Dusty Durango (retired)
Ink: Rich Razzelberry, Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango,
Extras: Big Shot, Scallop Circle die cut, Word Window punch, Modern label punch
The card on the right is made with Bermuda Bay card stock and everything else is pretty much the same as the card on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment