Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hello friends, I hope you don't think I am ignoring you. I took several days off to go visit my son and the family. I returned home for a couple days and then was gone again. Pierre always waits for me at the kennel while I am away. They love having him stay with them and he knows it! They treat him like a king.

I have to share my most unusual experience that happened on my way home from Northern California. I was traveling on Highway 99 southbound. The temperature for about four hours was 100. As I changed freeways to Highway 58, I noticed the temp dropping to 99. I don't know the altitude on the 58 but it is mountainous and probably in the 4000 ft. altitude. The temp began to drop as I continued down the mountain. After about 30 minutes the temp was in the 80's and suddenly it began to rain softly. Then it was hard rain and the temp is now in the 70's. Still going downhill and now the rain is so hard I can only see the car in front of me. The rain continues to pound when I notice the lighting hitting the mountain ridges. Eventually the temp dropped to 63!! Around that time it was time to change to the 14 Freeway. Now the rain started to slow down and in about 15 minutes there was no more rain and the temp was climbing upward from the 70's to the 80's and finally 99 as I got about 20 minutes from home. It was an adventure to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment